Flytec Element Speed är vår nyaste enklare vario med GPS från Flytec. Detta instrument är för piloter som gillar att veta vad som händer runt omkring dem när de flyger stationärt på sina flygställen. Flytec Element Speed är specialist på att allt som handlar om fart: markhastighet, vindriktning & vindhastighet samt farten i luften (om du köper till en tilläggssensor). Allt detta visas klart och tydligt på skärmen på ett grafiskt och numeriskt sätt. Du kan även välja olika ljudprofiler för instrumentet: svaga / vanliga / starka termikblåsor, hangflygning och även ballong (om du sysslar med sådant). Såklart finns även termik-assistent som visar vägen tillbaka till termikblåsan där du lämnade den.
Aside from its standard vario functionality, the Element Speed also offers information on the last thermal flown by the pilot, glide ratio, as well as the distance and bearing to the launch site. The vario comes with few keys for ease of handling, but with the tried and tested “domed” keyboard for better usability even with gloves.
Utvecklarens tankar om instrumentet
Speed and glide
The first time I flew with a GPS was in the year 2000. Originally I’d bought it for navigation, but ultimately, the most important information delivered by the device were ground speed and glide. Suddenly I understood how I moved through the air! This helped me tremendously in my development to a cross country pilot. Even today, while free-flying, speed over ground and glide are the two values I read from my vario most often. Altitude I can judge visually, as far as necessary, climbs are indicated acoustically. But to know about speed and glide, I glance at the display every so often.
While talking with pilots in schools, at launches or landings, every now and then I hear about somebody who found themselves “suddenly” in a situation where they were no longer able to advance into the wind with their glider. This is why to me, today, accurate wind calculation has become an important safety feature, especially for pilots with little experience.
Only few pilots are aware that their vario is set up wrong most of the time for the conditions they are currently flying in. Sensitive, with fast reaction times, is really important in fall or winter, with weak thermals – then I want to be informed about even the smallest climb. In strong spring or summer conditions, this can become too much pretty quickly, distract or make me nervous. In these conditions I only want to be told about the really strong climbs, to decide whether I turn in a thermal, or pass by a bubble. To make choosing the right settings as easy as possible, we introduced the vario profiles: Presets for weak, average and strong thermals, which can be adjusted individually by the pilot if required.
The Element Speed combines all this in a compact easy-to-use device, and is therefore in my opinion the perfect vario for beginners and occasional pilots: It delivers exactly the information they need to enjoy long and safe flights. No more, no less. Happy flying!
- Robust, shockproof ABS housing
- Reliable and proven high-sensitivity vario
- Comfortable and clear vario tone
- High-contrast monochrome LCD
- Keyboard with clearly detectable, glove-friendly keys
- Speed over ground
- User selectable data fields
- Current glide ratio
- Wind direction and wind speed
- Current flying direction
- Distance and direction to launch, and to the last thermal
- Customizable vario tone frequency, sensitivity, audio mode, climb-tone
- Vario profiles, for different flying types (weak / normal / strong thermals, soaring, ballooning)
- Altimeter showing MSL (ALT1)
- Altimeter showing Relative / Flight level / meters or feet (ALT2)
- Custom relative altimeter which can be reset with a press of a button (ALT3)
- Graphical instant and average climb indicator
- Numeric average vario indication
- Selectable units for Altitude, Vario, Time, Pressure, Temperature
- Optional additional near-thermal tone
- Optional tone when a key is pressed
- English, German, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Turkish user interface
- Battery life about 35 h
Det finns inga recensioner än.